Reports to: Chief Technology Officer
Summary of position:
Benefits Science Technologies is a data science and technology firm founded out of MIT and innovating at the intersection of analytics, healthcare, and software development. We are building THE data science-driven engine to help clients manage risk related to healthcare and insurance - empowering them to make optimal decisions to control costs and improve quality of care for their members. Our passion is finding unique answers to complex questions and continually redefining the leading edge.
We are looking for a passionate Senior Software Engineer to join us in building the next generation data analytics platform and maintaining the existing products and services used by thousands of companies. This is a full time, salaried position with salary commensurate with education, experience, and contribution.
Duties & Responsibilities:
● Develop and enhance B2B data analytic platforms, including ETL, front office and visualization.
● Design and implement comprehensive quality validation and monitoring tool of data, which comes from thousands of data sources.
● Rearchitect ETL pipelines and some other parts of the platforms to maximize the performance and scalability at minimum cost.
● Implement and enhance system integration testing.
● Develop POC, new features and new products to meet rapid business growth.
● Find and resolve the bottlenecks of the processes and platforms.
● Collaborate with colleagues from engineering and business backgrounds; generally working as part of a team rather than in a supervisory role
● Must pass initial and periodic background checks, and comply with all applicable HIPAA and Security regulations, including maintaining HIPAA Awareness and Security Certification
● Must be available and able to work during standard business hours in the Benefits Science office in Boston, MA, as well as at other times as needed
● Minimum BS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or equivalent
● Minimum 5+ years of building scalable, robust and cost-effective platforms.
● Strong experience with Java, Spring, Hibernate and Rest API.
● Experience with Hadoop, Spark, Hive, Pig, Redshift, MySQL, etc.
● Good knowledge of big data, data analytics, data modeling and performance.
● Familiarity with Angular, React, and Node.js
● Good understanding of data security and encryption
● Strong troubleshooting and analytical skills
● Healthcare Insurance Domain experience strongly preferred
● Ability to work effectively as part of a team, with strong interpersonal and communication skills
● Fluent in English (both verbal and written)