MULTIPLE POSITIONS OPEN FOR ENTRY LEVEL, MID LEVEL (3 YRS EXPERIENCE), AND SENIOR LEVEL (5+ YRS EXPERIENCE)
Reports to: Chief Technology Officer or designee
Summary of position:
Benefits Science Technologies is a data science and technology firm founded out of MIT and innovating at the intersection of analytics, healthcare, and software development. We are building THE data science-driven engine to help clients manage risk related to healthcare and insurance - empowering them to make optimal decisions to control costs and improve quality of care for their members. Our passion is finding unique answers to complex questions and continually redefining the leading edge.
We are looking for a passionate Web Application Developer to join us in building the next generation data analytics platform and maintaining the existing products and services used by thousands of companies. This is a full time, salaried position with salary commensurate with education, experience, and contribution.
Duties & Responsibilities:
● Develop and enhance our web application for presentation and visualization by connecting to ETL.
● Design and implement requirements from beginning to deployment.
● Implement and enhance system integration testing.
● Develop POC, new features and new products to meet rapid business growth.
● Find and resolve the bottlenecks of the processes and platforms.
● Collaborate with colleagues from engineering and business backgrounds; generally working as part of a team rather than in a supervisory role.
● Must pass initial and periodic background checks, and comply with all applicable HIPAA and Security regulations, including maintaining HIPAA Awareness and Security Certification.
● Must be available and able to work during standard business hours in the Benefits Science office in Needham, MA, as well as at other times as needed. Work may be fully or partially remote temporarily due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
● Minimum BS in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent.
● Experience building scalable, robust and effective web applications. Years of experience strongly influences whether an entry level, mid level, or senior level position is a fit.
● Experience with MySQL, Postgres, AWS, CI/CD, Node.js, Shell Scripting etc.
● Familiarity with Tableau visualization is a plus.
● Good understanding of data security and encryption.
● Strong troubleshooting and analytical skills.
● Healthcare Insurance Domain experience strongly preferred.
● Ability to work effectively as part of a team, with strong interpersonal and communication skills
● Fluent in English (both verbal and written)